For homes and businesses in and around Auburn, the weather is an ongoing challenge to year-round comfort. In the winter, the heat is abandoning your home through unseen or unnoticeable gaps and cracks. In the summer, the typical Auburn heat and humidity is creeping back into your cool house. As a result, your energy inefficiency is diminished and your utility bills – and personal comfort – are unpleasant.
If you are tired of the battle, spray foam insulation is your answer.
Spray foam insulation is a mixture of liquid ingredients that produce a foam-like substance used by spray foam insulation contractors in Auburn, AL. Once it’s applied, the spray foam expands quickly, filling in even the most minor cracks and gaps. The foam hardens to create a strong barrier, designed to tackle your ongoing rivalry with the weather. The EcoLogical Insulation’s contractors in Auburn use two types of spray foam insulation:
Open-cell spray foam – this building insulation product dries with an open-particle finish. This product allows moisture to distribute evenly, provides an R-value (the resistance to heat loss or heat gain) of 3.8 per inch, has a low density, and improves acoustics between walls, floors, and ceilings. Because of the open-cell structure, minimal coverage of 3.75” is needed to achieve its ideal R-value.
Closed-cell spray foam – is a building insulation product with a firmer finish once applied and dried. This high density foam reduces air infiltration and air movement between indoors and outdoors. Its open-cavity structure enhances building strength and provides an R-value of 7 per inch. Only closed-cell spray foam creates a fully sealed system that acts as an air and vapor barrier, with coverage of 1.5”.
Other Spray Foam Insulation Benefits:
- Adaptable to most structural surfaces including horizontal, vertical, and overhead surfaces.
- Ideal for sealing cracks in the foundation and the attic.
- The preferred product for sealing around windows and doors.
- Ability to coat uneven surfaces, tight spaces, curves, and corners.
- Excellent gap and air sealing.
- More mold resistant than fiberglass or cellulose insulation.
- Has a life expectancy of 80 years.
- Resistant to rodent contamination and damage.
- Improves building moisture control.
- Even temperature distribution throughout your home or business.
- Helpful as a noise barrier.
With several insulation options to choose from, spray foam is the most effective way to increase your energy efficiency and reduce your utility bills. The spray foam insulation contractors in Auburn are ready to bring savings and comfort to you. Contact our office to discuss your project with us.