Winters in Auburn can be cold and wet, while the summers are long, hot and muggy. Depending on the time of year, you can build up a sweat or freeze while cheering on your favorite team. But that shouldn’t be inside your home!
If you’ve noticed higher electric bills, drafty rooms or lots of noise from the neighbors next door, it may be time to upgrade your home’s insulation. Having proper insulation can make a big difference in the quality of your home and your time spent there.
There are a variety of insulation types used in homes: fiberglass, cellulose and spray foam. Each type offers its own unique benefits and uses, but the most popular insulation installation choice in Auburn is spray foam insulation.
Spray foam insulation or spray polyurethane foam (SPF) is a versatile, convenient insulation solution. Created by mixing two fast-reacting liquids, it expands to create a foam that fills cracks and gaps throughout your home, in places such as attics, walls and ceilings.
Types of Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation comes in two forms: open cell and closed cell. Open cell spray foam costs less than closed cell spray foam but is less dense, with a lower R-value per square inch. This means it needs to be applied in a thicker layer, making it great for larger spaces such as attics, ceilings and floor joists.
Closed cell spray foam insulation is denser than open cell foam and needs a thinner layer to provide an excellent air and moisture barrier in your home. It also strengthens the walls and ceilings of your home.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
There are many reasons why spray foam insulation is the most popular choice for insulation installation in Auburn homes. When spray foam is sprayed it instantly bonds to whatever it touches. It seeps down into the nooks and crannies of your home to fill in every crack and crevice that might be leaking air or allowing in moisture.
Once sprayed, the foam insulation hardens creating an air and moisture barrier that will retain its strength, shape, and durability for many years to come.
Here are some eye-opening benefits of choosing spray foam insulation for your home:
- Deters moisture, preventing mold and mildew – Spray foam adheres to every nook and cranny and then hardens, creating a moisture barrier to keep your home nice and dry.
- Saves you money by lowering your electric bills – Spray foam acts as a barrier for both water and air, allowing your HVAC system to work less to keep your home at a consistent temperature throughout the year, significantly lowering your energy bills.
- Improves indoor air quality – Spray foam prevents pollutants and allergens from entering your home, creating cleaner and more breathable air.
- Reduces sound – Spray foam acts as a sound barrier for exterior walls to keep outside noises out and interior walls to lower the noise between rooms.
- Easy to install and long-lasting – It is dried and ready within a day. Our expert team of spray foam insulation contractors in Auburn use a spray foam gun to spray insulation into needed areas, even hard-to-reach places. And it lasts for decades without losing its effectiveness, strength or shape.
- Is environmentally friendly – Consume less materials over time due to spray foam’s longevity and reduce your carbon footprint by consuming less energy.
- Strengthens your home – The density of spray foam gives your home an extra layer of protection from the outside elements and creates sturdier walls, increasing the quality and safety of your home.
- Keeps creepy crawlies and rodents out – Spray foam insulation fills in the tiny cracks and crevices in your home that bugs and rodents like to use as entryways and creates a barrier to prevent them from entering your home.
Choosing the Best Insulation for your Home
Spray foam insulation is a worthy investment for any home. Even though the up-front cost is higher than traditional insulation, you save money over time with lower electric bills.
At EcoLogical Insulation, we have been providing Auburn homeowners with the highest quality spray foam insulation installation services since 2008. We pride ourselves on being the best spray foam contractors in Auburn and strive to provide exemplary customer service and spray foam insulation installation to all our Auburn customers. Contact us today to lean more.