When you need to find the best contractor for your home insulation job, it is difficult to know where to start. You want to find a reputable company who will be available for any post-project follow-up if any issues arise. You also want to trust them to arrive at the scheduled time and to do the job correctly in a timely manner.
You don’t want to hire the insulation contractor who shows up first on a Google search. Here are some tips to help you make the right choice:
- Insulation experience. Make sure your contractor has experience in residential insulation. Ask for work history and references; contact the references.
- Professional installation. The first step should be an expert in-home consultation that includes a comprehensive inspection of your home and proposal for improvement.
- License and insurance. A reputable insulation contractor will carry the right license and insurance to do work on your home. If you have any doubt, ask!
- Customer focused. The right contractor will return you calls promptly, answer all your questions to your satisfaction and thoroughly explain your project estimate.
- Building science. A knowledgeable insulation contractor will have a broad understanding of building science including: energy performance, air sealing, mechanical ventilation and indoor air quality.
- Industry standards. The contractor you select should comply with industry standards for working with insulation materials including proper disposal of old insulation and proper handling of factors such as mold and asbestos.
EcoLogical Insulation in Auburn, Alabama has extensive insulation experience, is current on new insulation technologies, is properly licensed and insured, and provides excellent customer service. If you are ready to schedule a free estimate for your home insulation project, contact our office today.